(We offer a special price of only $7.00for this book
with any Inspired Nutrition order.)
* Is it moral to maintain that a murderer has, by their act of murder, given up their own right to life?
* Do people on welfare have the right to have additional children when they are unable to provide for their existing children?
* Does any country have the right to draft its citizens for war if their land is not under direct attack?
* Should criminals have to pay reparations for the damages they have caused, even if it takes the rest of their lives?
* Should these same criminals be released from prison without public awareness of their crimes?
* Is the discrimination that accompanies the quotas of Affirmative Action justified?
* Does the right to become a citizen of a country include the responsibility to be able to speak the common language of that country?
* What is “natural” when we speak of the earth’s environment and species of life?
A Philosphical Foundation
All people would love to have a Heaven on Earth, with all things provided and peace every where. However, all things come with effort and cost that must be paid.
One of the challenges in talking about political issues like these is that it is difficult to find common ground in which people can talk. Very few political groups approach problems as varied as these with consistent unified values and philosophy. This is true of individuals as well as groups. Varies issues are talked about with varied values all across the board. This confusion produces conflicting and unstable political and social views. The result is chaos rather than unity!
HR-2: Human Rights, Human Responsibility provides a common sense foundation by connecting Human Rights with Responsibility, Moderated with Love! This outlook provides intriguing answers and responsible social thinking to current problems facing our nation and the world.
The Three Cornerstone Building Blocks: These form the foundation from which we approach issues:
A. Human rights are mutually agreed upon between cooperating groups of people - and are attached to corresponding human responsibilities.
B. Formats are provided that allow our political leaders to govern - while still representing the wishes of the people.
C. A balance of common sense that includes love and compassion for others!
After laying this foundation, we look at specific topics that have direct HR-2 applications with commentary on them. In the Appendix we offer possibilities for personal participation in those goals.
We believe that HR-2 presents a common foundation of human rights and social function. This provides the potential for greater sensibility in approaching current and future problems in our country. This foundation will also help people of different political and religious philosophies and motivations to come together to produce a better world for all.
Please remember we have drafted these positions as a starting point. It is to initiate discussion towards a movement towards balancing and expanding healthy principles. We belief the result would be to improve the quality of life in our world. We encourage you to take the time to understand a particular position before making any decision regarding it. We welcome your comments, suggestions and input in this refining process, and will give them due consideration.
Caution: The principles presented here make sense - but are not without controversy!